ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BDS
1.The Pre-University course which was in vogue prior to the advent of the Higher Secondary examination shall not be treated as equivalent to the Higher Secondary examination (10+2) for purpose of eligibility and admission to the course.
3.Wherever the State Board/Body or appropriate authority have taken into account the marks obtained at the Plus One and Plus Two level to determine the class of the candidate and issue the statement of marks, accordingly, it alone would be taken into consideration.
4.Wherever the State Board/Body or appropriate authority have taken into accoun
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BDS
1. Prescribed minimum eligibility marks for admission to B.D.S degree course detailed as below:
i) The candidate shall have obtained not less than 50% of the aggregate marks Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the qualifying examination
ii) Scheduled caste and Scheduled Tribe students shall be given relaxation of 10% in the aggregate marks required for eligibility.
2.Graduate candidates should have qualified for the B.Sc. Degree of an Indian University recognised by the Association of Indian Universities and accepted as equivalent by the Standing Academic Board and Governing Council of this University subject to such conditions as may be prescribed Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and one other prescribed Science subject of study at least up to the ancillary level; provided that such candidates shall have passed the earlier qualifying examination (Higher Secondary Examination or an equivalent examination) with the subjects English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany and Zoology.
3. Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before admission to the Dental colleges.
4.The Pre-Professional/Pre-Medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the Higher Secondary School examination, or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre-Professional/Pre-Medical examination shall include a practical test in these subjects.
5.The marks obtained at the Plus One and Plus Two level to determine the class of the candidate and furnish the statement of marks, accordingly, the aggregate of the two examinations shall be taken into consideration.
6. Candidates who have studied abroad, the equivalency of qualification as determined by the Association of Indian Universities shall form the guidelines to determine the eligibility and should have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology ((Botany/Zoology) and English up to the 12th Standard level with 50% marks aggregate.
7. Any criteria not covered under the above provisions, the ruling of the Eligibility committee shall be adopted.
8. Candidates who have passed the Senior Secondary School examination of National Open School with minimum 5 subjects with any of the following group of subjects:
a. English, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
b. English, physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other language
# (to be read along with “Qualification for Admission” ‘A’ and ‘B’)
E. Improvement of marks in the Higher Secondary Examinations : Candidates belonging to all categories who have passed the qualifying examination without acquiring the stipulated minimum academic requirements prescribed in the first appearance are permitted two opportunities for improvement within one year of the first appearance in the qualifying examination for determining
the eligibility for admission to the first B.D.S Course.
F. Re-appearance of failed candidates: Candidates belonging to all categories, who have failed in the qualifying examination in the first appearance are permitted two opportunities within a period of one year following the first appearance in the qualifying examination, for passing of failed subjects to determine and eligibility for admission to the First B.D.S Course.
AGE LIMIT FOR ADMISSION
Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or would complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the first year B.D.S Course.
For admission guidance Call Now 09480330000